Home

 

SS Board Member Meeting Notes

Latest Meeting First

 

SSHOA Board Meeting Notes September 13, 2016

 

        Cost for stump removal on Lytle Five Points by entrance to Sycamore Springs will be divided evenly between SS and resident of Lytle Five Points, in which stump lies.

        Sycamore Springs will mirror landscaping on either side of entrance.

        Amanda to get cost of 3 gal Sea of Gold shrubs x10 and set up for pick up.

        Betty to arrange for existing shrubs to be cut down, as to not damage wall of entrance.

        Ron will look into planting options.

        Rich to check budget and costs allowed.

        Discussion agreed to continue pond servicing thru Aquadoc.

        Woodstream is to be repaired/resurfaced in 2017.

         Sewer lines are to be connected to neighboring community after construction is complete.

         SSHOA will get documentation of builder assurance to cover cost if debris from construction settles in pond..

        Main light on right side of entrance always on; having sensor checked.

        Reinforce street lights should be lit at night.

        Addressed late HOA fees, the sending out of late notices, and assessing of which properties are 2 years+ late.

        Amanda to reach out to residents to build committees; Safety, Social, and Welcoming committees.

        Next meeting scheduled December 5, 2016.

 

 

SYCAMORE SPRINGS HOMEOWNERS MEETING AT CAMPIONI’S

 

1)      Sarah Burns opened the HOA meeting with the SS residents with an introduction of the board members at 7:00 on Monday, July 11, 2016.

 

2)      Rich Salwan informed the SSHOA residents present at the meeting that Robert’s Rules were to be applied to the topics under discussion.

 

3)      Approval of prior minutes to last year’s meeting was granted without any comments from the HOA residents.

 

4)      Sarah Burns answered a question from Ray Bolan related to why the SSHOA board should be raising dues from $130 to $150 for 2016 due to higher operating expenses.

 

5)      Cost driven activities addressed by Sarah Burns for 2015 – 2016 were:

Approving contractors to landscape entranceway, lawn care services, repaired short circuited wiring and lights at entranceway owned by the SSHOA, pond maintenance and contract services, higher insurance costs and wind storm damage expenses were incurred.

 

6)      Betty Sarniguet addressed issues related to the scrutiny taken to determine what contractors were awarded service contracts with the HOA.   Three board members were required to grant the approval of any given contractor providing contract services to the SSHOA.

 

7)      Kevin Smith organized the garage sale for 2016.

 

8)      Rich Salwan is addressing the requirements meeting IRS guidelines for the SSHOA to be up to date completing up to date documentation.

 

9)      Ray Bolan recommended changing the bylaw requiring a 60 day notice of violation for structure additions that do not meet the HOA guidelines.

 

10)   Ray Bolan is concerned that the adjoining Fisher Homes subdivision will allow excess waste to flow into the SS pond area.   Betty Sarniguet will investigate with the City of Springboro to confirm if Fisher Homes will be allowed to let excess water flow into the  SS pond.

 

11)    Ric Cormier complained about garbage cans and unmoved cars in driveway on his  

              street.

 

12)    Ric Cormier recommended placing a sign at the front entranceway reminding SS   residents of the time and date of the meeting with at least 3 advanced notice.

 

13)    Sarah Burns would like to see the HOA board arrange more family oriented and group activities in the SS development.

 

14)   Amanda Hansman recommended setting at automated call system to remind the homeowners of the upcoming meeting to improve overall attendance by the SS homeowners.

 

15)   Robert Niehoff recommended the need for changing the bylaws that would offer more common sense and practical guidelines for management of the SSHOA.

 

16)   SS HOA board recommends automatically placing liens on properties with nonpayment status over a period of 2 years.   In order to maintain lower HOA and meet budgeted expenses  there needs to be 100% participation of all homeowners in paying their dues on time.

 

17)  Ray Bolan recommended more board meetings per year.   The recommendation for more board meetings was voted down by the residents attending the meeting.   The minimum number of HOA meetings with the residents will be one per year.

 

18)  Amanda Hansman recommended a welcoming committee for new residents buying homes in the SS homeowners development.

 

19)  Ray Bolan has asked for residents to be aware of the suspicious vehicles passing through the SS development.   

 

20)  The members elected to the board for the 2016 -2017 term are Ron Weaver, Betty Sarniguet, Rich Salwan and Amanda Hansman.

 

21)  Charles Bremer has raised concerns about the lack of internet security at the Sycamore Springs website.   The PKI Certificate has expired and this lack of security on the SS website needs to be addressed by Ron Tayor, the outsourced IT manager for the SSHOA.

 

22)  Ric Cormier recommended we set up a Neighborhood Watch group that will walk the neighborhood during the evening and make residents aware when their garage doors are open. 

 

23)  Rich Salwan would like to see the SSHOA set aside money for social activities like Easter egg hunts and organized resident socialized gatherings.  There will be $500.00 set aside for these activities in the budget for 2016-2017.

 

24)  Amanda Hansman recommended setting up a social committee to organize future SS social activities.

 

25)  There was a sign up sheet at the front of the room for volunteering in the Neighborhood Watch, Garden Club and Social Committee.

 

26)  Meeting was adjourned at 8:25 p.m.

 

 

Highlights of HOA Board Member Meeting from 5/12/2016

 

1)       Betty will check with Scott Sortman to repair electrical power panel for pond area.

 

2)       Betty to solicit bids on adding lighting to the pond area.

 

3)      Need to review cost of protective fence around the pond culvert.  Determine priority.

 

4)      Add solar lighting around SS sign at front entrance area approved.

 

5)      IRS Tax Returns for SSHOA need to be filed from 2004.  

 

6)      Landscaping front entrance area approved after multiple contractor bids were reviewed.

 

7)      Assigned Rich Salwan to be the “Agent” for signing required SSHOA documents.

 

8)      Neighborhood garage sale from 6/16 – 6/18 to be organized by Kevin Smith.

 

 

SSHOA Board Meeting Notes January 20, 2016

 

1)       Betty will solicit multiple landscaping proposals to enhance and improve the front entrance way.  The goal is to complete this project by May or June

 

2)      Betty to solicit bids on shrub removal in the front entrance area.

 

3)      Ron and Betty will talk to the owners of 10 Lakeside Drive to make them aware of the front entrance work that will be taking place later this Spring.

 

4)      Repair work on broken electrical wiring on the main streetlights on Sycamore Springs Drive has been completed.

 

5)      Ron will check with the City of Springboro to determine if portable basketball hops left in the street area is a cited violation.

 

6)      Betty will meet with Tim Murphy of Trademark Electric to determine the cost of securing the electrical power box for the pond area.

 

7)      Betty will request a quote from Tim Murphy for adding lighting to the pond area.

 

8)      Betty received quotes in the $1200-$1500 range for the installation of a protective fence/barrier to the pond culvert to prevent falling accidents to occur at the front area of the pond.

 

9)       Is there a tax exempt ID available to the SSHOA?

 

10)   Rich is working on updating the state records of the SSHOA.

 

11)   Sarah, Rich and Betty are preparing the Annual Budget for 2016.

 

12)   Sarah and Kevin will provide information that will ease the transition of the board member responsibilities to the new board members.

 

13)   Rich Salwan to be assigned as the “agent” for the SSHOA for signed legal documents and tax forms when the new board is in place on July 11, 2016.

 

14)   Kevin and Rich will distribute the 2016 SSHOA resident meeting announcements and the planned 2016 budget information to the residents of Sycamore Springs in May.

 

 

The following information provides a description of the subjects discussed by the Sycamore Springs home owners board members at Dorothy Lane Market at 7:00 on 9/21/2015:

1)  Betty Sarniguet is soliciting bids to remove brush and weeds at the front entrance area.   At this time Betty has received 3 bids of $450, $700 and $700 to remove the excess brush weeds.    Ron Weaver will be asking Zach to provide a bid on this job that will determine if these bids are really competitive.   Zach has experience with landscaping and other handyman type projects.   Once the quote is received from Zach, Ron will be e-mailing the board members with this information.

2)  Betty has asked Duke Energy to quote on the cost of adding light post(s) to the pond area.   The cost would be very significant if Duke Energy were to add a light pole to the pond area.   Betty is looking into the cost of adding solar lighting to illuminate the pond area.

3)  Betty has received bids for adding a fence or guard around the pond culvert.   The bids ranged from $1250-$1500.00.   The discussion of the priority on this project was mentioned in this meeting.    Also, the HOA funds to pursue this project may not be available at this time. 

4)  There are currently 11 Sycamore Springs homeowners that have not paid their dues.   Sarah and Rich are taking steps to collect the overdue annual homeowners fees for 2015.

5)   Betty is asking for bids on securing the electrical power box for the pond area.   Currently, the electrical box near the pond area does not have a secure locking mechanism.   Asking Zach to quote on this project was mentioned in our meeting.

6)  Betty has requested a bid from Duke Energy to quote the cost of providing the main street lighting service to the SSHOA.   Betty will investigate further to receive a bid from Duke Energy.   There are currently 2 streetlights not working on Sycamore Springs Drive.

Betty is working with Brett King of Duke Energy and Dan Boron from the City of Springboro.

7)   Betty is soliciting bids for awarding a new landscaping contract in 2016.   At this time there are no prices quoted for 2016 landscaping services.

8)  Homeowner coverage by each HOA board member was distributed to all the board members by

      E-mail.

 

9)  One of the homeowners in Ron's area has a canopy in their yard that is not allowed according to the HOA rules and plat restrictions.   Ron will be asking the homeowner to remove this canopy.   One of the SS homeowners have complained about this violation.

10)   Ron Weaver has referred legal representative, Hans Soltah in Centerville, to Rich Salwan.     Rich is investigating the cost of obtaining legal representation to the SSHOA for future legal matters that may be encountered by the SSHOA.

11)   Rich Salwan completed and mailed to the IRS a cover letter and tax form 8822-B (change in responsible party).

 

The SSHOA meeting session at DLM in Springboro ended at 8:20 pm on 9/21/2015.

 

Best Regards,

 

Kevin B. Smith, VP Sycamore Springs Homeowners Association

 

 

 

Sycamore Springs Board Member Meeting Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM

 

Board Members Attending:  Kevin Smith, Betty Sarniguet, Sarah Burns and Rich Salwan

 

1)      Kevin will distribute a spreadsheet list of the SS residences to be managed by each Board Member.    KS sent out this list on 7/17.

 

2)      Betty has requested a bid for maintenance of the main streetlights on Sycamore Springs Drive from both Duke Energy and the City of Springboro.   The quoted cost to fix one existing nonworking street light on Sycamore Springs Drive is $4,000.00.   Betty is asking Duke Energy and City of Springboro to provide an estimated cost to determine if outsourcing the maintenance of the street lights will provide a cost savings for the SSHOA.

 

3)      The Board has agreed to prioritize expenditures on: 

1)       Lighting by the Pond

2)      Adding a security fence around the culvert by the pond.

3)       Adding an enclosure and locking mechanism to the electrical panel by the pond.

       4)     Betty is reviewing the cost of replacing the bushes in the front entrance area for 2016.

       5)    Responsibilities of Rich Sarwin are Sargent of Arms, Assistant Treasurer and Bylaw Compliance

       6)    Betty to provide Rich with a copy of the Post Office key.

       7)    Sarah has requested assistance from Rich in completing two required annual IRS forms.

       8)    The City of Springboro is expecting  to replace the SS street signs in the month of September.

       9)     An electronic copy of the legal documents for the SSHOA have been provided to the Board by

                Linda Oda of the Warren County Recorder’s Office.   These documents are now available on the 

                SSHOA website.

 

     10)   Rich is forming a committee to review the SS Bylaws and determine the process that will need to

              take place in order to legally change the SS bylaws for the benefit of the SSHOA.   Assigned  

              committee members are only be allowed to make recommendations to the SS Board.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

SYCAMORE SPRINGS MEETING NOTES JULY 1, 2015 AT CAMPIONI’S RESTAURANT IN SPRINGBORO, OH

 

1)       REGISTRATION OF THE HOMEOWNERS ATTENDING THE SS HOA MEETING AT CAMPIONI’S IN SPRINGBORO, OH.   OPENING OF MEETINGAT 7:00 PM.

 

2)       ELECTION OF BOARD MEMBERS:  ASSIGNED TRUSTEE FOR THIS MEETING WAS DAVID GEIGER, RESIDENT OF 230 SYCAMORE SPRINGS DRIVE, SPRINGBORO, OH 45066.  DAVID DISTRIBUTED AND COLLECTED THE BALLOTS FOR THE SELECTION OF THE BOARD MEMBERS BY MAJORITY VOTE ON THE AMENDMENTS TO THE SSHOA BYLAWS. ONE VOTE PER HOUSEHOLD IS ALLOWED.

 

3)       A SYCAMORE SPRINGS RESIDENT REQUESTED PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE BE APPIED TO THE SSHOA MEETING IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS FOR VOTING ON THE ELECTION OF THE BOARD AND ADDITION/MODIFICATION OF BYLAWS WAS NOTED DURING THE HOA MEETING.   THIS REQUEST FOR PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE TO BE CONDUCTED DURING THE SSHOA MEETING WAS NOT IMPLEMENTED DURING THE SESSION.   FUTURE CONSIDERATION OF PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE FOR THESE HOA MEETINGS TO IMPROVE THE INTERACTIVE FLOW OF THE MEETING WILL IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THE DISCUSSION WITH ORDERLY RECOGNITION OF THE SPEAKER ON THE FLOOR AT THESE MEETINGS. 

 

4)       THERE WAS DISAGREEMENT ON THE PROCESS OF VOTING FOR PASSAGE OF THE BYLAWS BY THE LACK OF COMMON UNDERSTANDING IN THE USE OF TERM “QUARUM” IN THE EXISTING SS BYLAWS AND THERE WAS A MOTION BY SARAH BURNS FOR A MAJORITY VOTE BY THE SSHOA RESIDENTS TO DELAY THE VOTE ON THE PROPOSAL TO AMEND THE BYLAWS IN THIS MEETING.   THE MAJORITY OF THE RESIDENTS AGREED TO DELAY THE VOTE ON AMENDING THE BYLAWS AND PROCEEDED TO VOTE ON THE APPOINTMENT OF THE BOARD OFFICERS.

 

5)      RICH SALWAN INDICATED HE WAS INTERESTED IN ADDING HIS NAME TO THE ELECTORAL BALLOT AS A FIFTH OFFICER ON THE SSHOA BOARD.   ALL SS VOTING BALLOTS ADDED RICH’S NAME TO THE LIST OF CANDIDATES.

 

6)      THERE WERE 23 CASTED BALLOTS AND FIVE PROXY BALLOTS WERE SUBMITTED BY RICH SALWAN.  THERE WERE 17 VOTES FOR THE STATUS QUO FOR THE RE-ELECTION OF THE INCUMBENT SS BOARD MEMBERS AND RICH SALWAN WAS UNANIMOUSLY ELECTED TO THE BOARD AS A FIFTH BOARD MEMBER.

 

7)      RICH SALWAN VOLUNTEERED TO SET UP A COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS INTERPRETATION OF THE PROCESS THAT MUST TAKE PLACE IN ORDER TO LEGALLY AMEND AND ADD TO THE EXISTING SSHOA BYLAWS.   RICH HAS ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTION AND ORGANIZATION OF THE GROUP OF SS HOMEOWNERS THAT WILL CONDUCT THIS INVESTIGATION ON THIS COMMITTEE.

 

8)      RON WEAVER, THE PRESIDENT OF THE SSHOA, PROVIDED AN UPDATE ON THE CONDITION OF THE REPAINTED SIGN LOCATED AT THE SS ENTRANCE.     TERMITES HAVE DAMAGED THE SIGN AND AS A RESULT, THE ENTRY WAY SIGN WILL BE SPRAYED TO PREVENT FURTHER DETERIORATION OF THE SIGN.   LOOSE MORTAR AROUND THE FOUNDATION OF THE SIGN IS TO BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH MATCHING MORTAR BOND MATERIAL.   NEW FLOWERS WILL BE ADDED TO ENHANCE THE ENTRANCEWAY THIS WEEK.

 

9)      BETTY SARNIGUET, THE SECRETARY FOR THE SSHOA, HAS BEEN INFORMED BY THE INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE SSHOA, THE SS POND AREA NEEDS TO ADD MORE LIGHT FIXTURES TO THE POND AREA.     EXPENSE FOR THIS ITEM WAS NOT REFERENCED.  THE DAMAGED MAIN STREET LIGHT OWNED BY THE SSHOA WILL COST $4,000.00 TO REPLACE.  BETTY HAS ASKED DUKE ENERGY IF THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TAKING OVER OWNERSHIP AND MAINTENANCE OF THE MAIN STREET LIGHTS LOCATED ON SYCAMORE SPRINGS DRIVE. 

 

10)   RICH SALWAN, THE FIFTH SSHOA BOARD MEMBER INQUIRED ABOUT CONFIRMING THE  CORRECT INTERPRETATION  OF THE PHRASE  REFERENCED IN THE BYLAWS “CHANGING THE PLATT RESTRICTIONS UNTIL 2015.”   DOES THE HOA BOARD STILL HAVE THE REMAINDER OF 2015 TO CHANGE THE PLATT RESTRICTIONS BEFORE THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10 YEARS?  BETTY WILL CLARIFY THIS POSSIBILITY.

 

11)   RAY BOLAN, A RESIDENT OF SS, HAS ASKED IF THERE IS ANY NOTICEABLE SOLID MATERIAL RUNOFF FLOWING INTO THE POND AREA.   A BOARD MEMBER WILL NEED TO CHECK IF THERE IS ANY NOTICEABLE COLLECTION OF DEBRIS IN THE POND.  IF THERE IS DEBRIS IN THE WATER, FROM WHAT SOURCE IS THE SOLID MATERIAL FLOWING INTO THE POND?  

 

12)   RIC CORMIER, A RESIDENT OF SS, HAS ASKED IF THE BOARD IS AWARE OF THE HIGH COST OF DREDGING THE POND IF IT SHOULD BE REQUIRED.  BETTY IS AWARE OF THE ESTIMATED COST IN THE $16K-18K RANGE.  BETTY HAS CONFIRMED THERE IS NO NEED TO DREDGE THE POND AT THIS TIME ACCORDING TO THE CITY OF SPRINGBORO.

 

13)    BETTY SARNIGUET ALSO MENTIONED A FENCED SAFETY PROTECTION GUARD OVER THE POND CULVERT IS NEEDED AT THIS TIME.   THE COST FOR THIS GUARD IS STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.

 

14)    SARAH BURNS, THE TREASURER FOR THE SSHOA, CONFIRMED THERE ARE MANY PROJECTS THAT ARE REVIEWED AND PRIOTIZED BY THE BOARD BASED ON THE URGENCY AND AFFORDABILITY OF THOSE PROJECTS TO BE IMPLEMENTED.    THE 2015 BUDGET IS CURRENLTY AVAILABLE TO SS RESIDENTS UPON REQUEST.

 

15)   KEVIN SMITH, THE VP OF THE SSHOA, MENTIONED THE CITY OF SPRINGBORO HAS AGREED TO REPLACE ALL OF THE STREET SIGNS IN SYCAMORE SPRINGS.  THE CONTACT PERSON AT THE CITY OF SPRINGBORO FOR THE SIGN REPLACEMENT IN SS IS RYAN MICHEL (937)748-0020 X114. THERE WILL BE A CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGED BY THE CITY OF SPRINGBORO THAT WILL INVOLVE LEVELING THE GRADE OF AN EXISTING DIP ON LYTLE-FIVE POINTS ROAD JUST WEST OF THE ENTRANCE WAY TO SYCAMORE SPRINGS DRIVE.   THIS PROJECT WILL HAVE A DIRECT IMPACT ON THE ENTRANCE WAY MEDIAN AT SYCAMORE SPRINGS.    AS A RESULT OF THE IMPACT OF THIS CONSTRUCTION PROJECT, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THE CITY OF SPRINGBORO WILL FUND THE COST FOR A NEW SIGN AND MEDIAN ENTRANCE WAY.   DISCUSSION OF THIS POSSIBILITY IS TAKING PLACE WITH DAN BORON, THE PLANNING SUPERVISOR FOR THE CITY OF SPRINGBORO.  DAN CAN BE REACHED AT (937)748-6183.

 

16)    ROBERT’S RULE OF ORDER (PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE) WAS RECOMMENDED A SECOND TIME BY A SS RESIDENT.     A RESIDENT OF SYCAMORE SPRINGS RECOMMENDED THE ROBERT’S RULE OF ORDER NEEDS TO BE APPLIED TO FUTURE SSHOA MEETINGS TO ALLOW FOR BETTER COMMUNICATION AND DIRECTION FLOW OF THE SUBJECT MATTER UNDER DISCUSSION.

 

17)   CLOSING OF THE SSHOA MEETING AT CAMPIONI’S ON JULY 1ST, 2015.

 

 

LISTING OF BOARD MEMBERS ELECTED TO THE SYCAMORE SPRINGS HOA ON JULY 1ST 2015

RON WEAVER, PRESIDENT

KEVIN SMITH, VP

ELIZABETH SARNIGUET, SECRETARY

SARAH BURNS, TREASURER

RICH SALWAN, 5TH BOARD OFFICER

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sycamore Springs Meeting Notes from Monday, November 17, 2014

 

Attending Board Members:  Ron Weaver, Kevin Smith, Sarah Burns, Betty Sarniguet

 

1)      The board agreed to contract with Aqua Doctor for management of the pond area.

2)      Lawn care contractor has not been determined.  Betty is looking for additional quotes.

3)      Ron questioned how much area needs to be mowed by the SSHOA.  Ron believes the SSHOA is paying to treat and cut areas owned by SS residents.

4)      Schedule a HOA resident meeting for Monday, January 19th.    Announcements need to be handed out in January.

5)      The next HOA board meeting will take place on Monday, January 12th.

6)      Betty will be contacting Gary Adams to quote on fixing the broken light on Sycamore Springs Drive.

7)      Two wreaths and garland roping have been approved by the board to be added to the Sycamore Springs entrance way.

8)      The board has agreed to send certified letters to unpaid SSHOA residents.    Linda and Tom Hart have not paid for 3 years.   Must be prepared to take legal action for nonpayment of 3 years dues.   Betty has a friend that is a lawyer that is willing provide some assistance with the collection effort.

9)      Do we need to change the bylaw wording in the next HOA resident meeting to say “trash cans will not be visible from the curb”?  This will be our first attempt in changing the bylaw by the attending (quorum) SS residents at the homeowners meeting scheduled for 1/19/15.

10)   Sarah advised we need to add to the bylaws the consequences for failing to comply with the bylaws after repeated violations.

11)   The balance in the SSHOA bank account is $7600.00

12)   Additional $144.00 invoiced for the work done to the entranceway by Aguilar is being challenged by the board.

13)   There continues to be too many lights out at the SS residences.

14)   We need to make a list of accomplishments of the board since we took over to provide to the next SSHOA resident meeting.   Some of these accomplishments were the review and selection of SS contractors, payment of the delinquent property taxes in the amount of $1700+, placing notices on the doors for violations, collection of delinquent HOA payments and others.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

SS Board Members:

Ron Weaver

Sarah Burns

Kevin Smith

Betty Sarniguet

Brian Graham

 

Here is a list of action items and topics to be discussed during the board meeting on September 16th at Betty’s house at 6:45 p.m.:

 

1)      Betty was able to confirm the Bylaws may be modified by majority vote in a Sycamore Springs homeowners meeting as long as the quorum voting at the meeting are homeowners of the Sycamore Springs development.  The Plat Restrictions will automatically renew as long as there are no changes to the current Plat Restrictions in place. 

Action to be taken:  Start recommending and documenting changes to the SSHA bylaws for consideration for future SS homeowner meetings in 2014.

2)      Sarah has supplied the SS board members with violation notices to be circulated to SS homeowners in violation of bylaws such as nonworking lights, branches and shrubbery left in the yard, garbage cans in the front section of the house, nonpayment of the home owners fees and other types of SSHA violations.  These violation notices can be attached to a doorknob or to a flag on the homeowner’s mailbox.

Action to be taken:  Board members to distribute this information to Sycamore Springs homeowners.  Will need to determine which homeowners are in violation and what sections of the SS development each board member will be responsible for. 

3)       Brian will be providing a copy of the HOA financial transactions since the new board has taken responsibility for the SSHOA.    

 

Action to be taken:    Kevin will transfer this information into an Excel spreadsheet that will have an itemized listing of each financial transaction for 2014.  This information along with other transactions that have taken place earlier in 2014 under Jeff Wolfe, will provide the board members with sufficient information to prepare a budget for 2015.

 

4)      Betty will be requesting 3 quotes from contractors for the pond and the landscaping for the 2015 fiscal year starting in October 2014.  The forms have been approved by 3 board members.

 

Action to be taken:    Betty to receive new proposals from contractors in September.

 

5)      Need an updated list of unpaid homeowners from Brian/Sarah.

 

Action to be taken:  Sarah will be sending final payment notices to delinquent homeowners in Sycamore Springs.

 

6)      The board members at the 8/19 meeting agreed to pay the outstanding balance of $1775.26.   Kevin Smith has addressed the balance owed with the Warren County Treasurer.

Action to be taken:  Pay the property tax bill by the end of September to avoid any further delinquency charges.  Brian will need to pay this bill once it is received in the mail with the correct mailing address from Warren County.  Kevin Smith has written e-mail correspondence to the Warren County Treasurer to request consideration of relief of the late payment fees.  Awaiting response from Jim Aumann.

7)       Need to update the mailing address for the property tax bill with Warren County.

 

Action to be taken:   Kevin has contacted Warren County to update the mailing address for the property tax bill.   Requested a new bill sent to the PO Box address SSHOA.

 

8)        An invoice is due for payment on the new sign placed in the pond area for the amount of $124.25 to be made payable to Fast Signs.

Action to be taken:   Kevin Smith will need to provide a copy of this invoice to Brian or Sarah for immediate payment approved by the board members attending the last meeting.  Brian has confirmed payment of this bill to be completed electronically in the next 5-7 days.

 

9)      There is interest in asking Ron Taylor if the board members could have the ability to access the SSHA website to be able to modify the SSHA website to be able provide an itinerary accessible to the homeowners before the each homeowners meeting.  The homeowners in attendance can print out and review a copy of the meeting agenda before the meeting takes place.

 

Action to be taken:  Will need to get in touch with Ron Taylor to improve the information listed on the Sycamore Springs website.    The listing of the board members on the website does not indicate the title of each board member.    Does there need to be a website security certification?  What is the contact information for Ron Taylor?

 

10)   Should we delay the front entrance improvements?  There will be construction lower the road level that will impact the sign entrance area within the next 2 years.   The Planning Development Manager for Springboro, Dan Boron has mentioned Sycamore Springs will be entitled to receive enhancement funds from the City of Springboro to repair the entrance once the roadwork on Lytle-Five Points has been completed.   McCrae Farms and Heatherwood Farms received funding for their front entrances.  Dan Boron can be reached at the City of Springboro 748- 4343.   danb@cityofspringboro.com

 

Action to be taken:  Improvements in lighting up the front entrance with solar lighting is still under consideration.  The curb to the entrance median needs to be repaired or replaced with a more attractive foundation.   Need to review and approve some of the cost of making improvements to front entrance.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

SS Board Members:

Ron Weaver

Sarah Burns

Kevin Smith

Betty Sarniguet

Brian Graham

 

Here is a list of action items and topics discussed during the board meeting at 7:00 on August 19,2014:

 

1)      Betty was able to confirm the Bylaws may be modified by majority vote in a Sycamore Springs homeowners meeting as long as the quorum voting at the meeting are homeowners of the Sycamore Springs development.  The Plat Restrictions will automatically renew as long as there are no changes to the current Plat Restrictions in place. 

Action to be taken:  Start recommending and documenting changes to the SSHA bylaws for consideration in future SS homeowners meeting(s).

2)      Sarah supplied the attending board members with violation notices to be circulated to SS homeowners in violation of bylaws such as nonworking lights, branches and shrubbery left in the yard, garbage cans in the front section of the house, nonpayment of the home owners fees and other types of SSHA violations.  These violation notices can be attached to a doorknob or to a flag on the homeowner’s mailbox.

Action to be taken:  Board members to distribute this information to Sycamore Springs homeowners.  Will need to determine which homeowners are in violation and what sections of the SS development each board member will be responsible for. 

3)       Sarah will be scheduling a meeting with Brian to be able to gain access to the SSHA financial transactions over the past 2 years.  The board members will only use this information to help the SSHA board provide a financial budget projection for 2015.    

 

Action to be taken:  Brian is to meet with Sarah at Fifth Third Bank so that she can gain access to the Sycamore Springs Homeowners Association financial statements over the past 2 years.  Sarah and Brian, as Treasurers of the SSHA, will be responsible for updating and maintaining the SS financial statements for 2014.  

 

4)      Betty has requested the official document that declares the transfer of responsibility of the SSHA from Gold Key/Oberer Development to the Sycamore Springs Home Association.  One of the SS homeowners has requested this document be available to prove the date of transition of to the SSHA homeowners is valid.

 

Action to be taken:  Jeff Wolfe provided all of the SSHA documents to Brian.  Brian should be able to supply this document to Betty. 

 

5)      Need an updated list of unpaid SSHA dues.  There is an estimated 14 unpaid homeowners in the SSHA development.

 

Action to be taken:  Brian is the only person at this time that has access to this information.    Brian, please send over the latest status of unpaid SS homeowners.

 

6)      In the last SSHA homeowners meeting, the SS Homeowners have requested an updated financial statement of the SSHA financial transactions that have taken place in 2014 starting from the time when Jeff Wolfe relinquished his board member status as President.  The SS board members have acknowledged this information will be shared with the SS homeowners in the next homeowners meeting.

 

 Action to be taken:  Either Brian or Sarah will need to need to generate and maintain an Excel spreadsheet of all financial transactions processed under the current SSHA board in 2014.   Please advise who will prepare this report to be updated throughout the year for preparation of the next homeowners meeting.   

 

7)      Schedule a board meeting that will focus on the financial status of the SSHA.

Action to be taken:  Confirm best date for meeting.  Possible dates for the next board member meeting to focus on the SSHA financial status may take place either August 26th or September 16th.  Will need a consensus from the board members on the best date for reviewing the finances.

8)       Warren County has refused to negotiate the amount owed on the SSHA property taxes.  The board members at the 8/19 meeting agreed to pay the outstanding balance of $1775.26 in full.

Action to be taken:  Pay the property tax bill to avoid any further delinquency charges.  Brian will need to pay this bill that is currently with Kevin Smith.

9)       Need to update the mailing address for the property tax bill with Warren County.

 

Action to be taken:   Kevin to call Warren County to update the mailing address for the property tax bill.

 

10)     An invoice is due for payment on the new sign placed in the pond area for the amount of $124.25 to be made payable to Fast Signs.

Action to be taken:   Kevin Smith will need to provide a copy of this invoice to Brian or Sarah for immediate payment approved by the board members attending the last meeting.

 

11)   There is interest in asking Ron Taylor if the board members could have the ability to access the SSHA website to be able to modify the SSHA website to be able provide an itinerary accessible to the homeowners before the each homeowners meeting.  The homeowners in attendance can print out and review a copy of the meeting agenda before the meeting takes place.

 

Action to be taken:  Will need to get in touch with Ron Taylor to discuss this possibility.   Brian may have Ron Taylor’s contact information and as an IT Manager he would probably be best qualified to discuss the options available to the SS board as to how they can better utilize the SSHA website.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sycamore Springs HOA meeting notes from 6-22-2014

1)       Sarah is to prepare an announcement of the Sycamore HOA meeting scheduled for 7:00 Thursday, August 7 at DLM.

 

2)       Contact the Sycamore HOA website manager to add to the HOA website the following 

  information:

 

a)      Listing of new board members

b)      Announcement of next HOA meeting on 8/7.

c)       Inform homeowners of bylaws concerning the responsibility of maintaining working lights at each home, informing the HOA board members of adding outdoor structure additions, homeowner dues and other bylaws that will apply to each individual SSA homeowner.

 

3)        Betty will take responsibility for maintaining the pond area.

a)       Investigate the cost of a protective fence to be placed over the concrete tunnel to prevent people from falling into the pond.

b)      Replace damaged sign by the pond.  There is a post to place the sign near the pond entrance.

 

4)      Ron will take responsibility for the maintenance of the Sycamore entrance way and SSHA streetlights.

a)       Check with Ron Weir to inquire about more attractive sign options.

b)      Ron will be checking on the possibility of changing the metal road signs to wood.  Ron will need to contact the City of Springboro to determine if this option is available.

c)       Kevin to ask Brian to check on the cost of replacing the nonworking SSHA streetlights in 2014.

d)      Sarah/Brian will request a competitive bid to Aguilar on the front entrance retaining wall improvements discussed in our meeting.  Ron shared a copy of the plans to add 72 blocks to the retaining wall surrounding the entry way sign to Sycamore Springs.  I have a copy of the plans presented by Aguilar.

 

5)       Will be asking Brian if he will be responsible for collection of unpaid annual dues from nonpaying SS homeowners.

 

6)      Ron Weaver has informed us in the meeting on 7/22 there is an unpaid property tax bill of $1700.00 due by the SSHA.    Ron is checking with an attorney to determine if the bill can be challenged by SS.

 

7)      All board members are to check on violations of garbage (cans) or fallen trees or brush in the front entrance area and nonworking homeowner lights.  Ron has informed me there are several nonworking homeowner lights in Sycamore Springs

a)       Sarah is putting together a card that can be left at the homeowners residence informing them of a SSHA violation.

 

8)      Ron recommended all of us get together at DLM 30 minutes early at 6:30 to go over the itinerary for the SSHA meeting at DLM on 8/7.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sycamore HOA Meeting Notes from 6/17/14:

Titles of Elected Sycamore HOA Board Members

Ron Weaver – President

Kevin Smith – VP

Sarah Burns – Treasurer

Brian Graham – Treasurer

Betty Sarniguet – Secretary

 

Topics of Discussion

1.       Sarah will be writing a letter to all of the Sycamore Springs homeowner members (SSH) with the official announcement of the new board members.   The letter to the SSH will provide clarification as to why there is a SSH board representing the Sycamore Springs homeowners. Betty offered to utilize her husband’s accounting experience at no cost to the SSH to create income statements for Sycamore Springs HOA from the past 2 years.  The board was in agreement to go ahead with the process of developing income statements from the past 2 years.

 

2.       There was a discussion recommending the SSH hire a lawyer to represent Sycamore Springs.  No specific lawyer was mentioned during this discussion.

 

3.       All board members agreed to be responsible for specific areas managed by the SSH such as the front entrance, pond, streetlights, violations of bylaws, collection of past due homeowners fees and possibly other items related to the responsibilities of the HOA.

 

4.       Discussion of possible new improvements to be put into effect in 2014 were replacing or modifying the front entrance area to make it more attractive, fix the streetlights and make them more reliable when the fix is completed, change metal road signs to wood and does there need to be a better lighting system surrounding the pond with the addition of a 2 or 3 motion lights or other lighting arrangements.

 

5.       Procedures to be taken for informing a homeowner of violations to the bylaws:

a.       Write a letter to inform the homeowner of the violation

b.      If no response from the homeowner to comply with the violation one of the SSH board members will knock on the door to politely ask the violation be resolved.

c.       If no response by the homeowner (the number of days to be determined), the SSH will take legal action against the accused homeowner of the violation.

 

6.       Current violations discussed by the SSH board members;

a.       Nonworking homeowner lamplights

b.      Dead shrubbery not removed from the residence of the SSH.

c.       Garbage cans left in front of the home.

 

7.        Brian and Sarah will manage the HOA bill payments.   Also, Sarah will be generating an Excel spreadsheet that will log all past transactions that will provide the actual detail of the credits and debits incurred by the Sycamore HOA.

 

8.        The HOA Board is to schedule another meeting to prepare for the next HOA member meeting and to discuss the specific responsibilities to be assigned each HOA member.

 


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________